lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Push for a Solr 1.4.1 Bug Fix Release?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 23:57:27 GMT

: Yeah this was fixed for a while in trunk. I am only being a pain in the ass
: about it because Peter (the reporter) has been patiently waiting for some
: decision on what to do about it... I do think its sneaky, i mean stopword
: before punctuation is probably pretty common :)

yeah ... totally understandable, like i said i just hadn't noticed it --
you'll get no objection from me if you want to backport it.

: > LUCENE-2466: didn't show up in my lists because it's a LUCENE issue ...
: > i'm a personally leary of merging this to include i na point release --
: One alternative instead of merging those fixes would be to document a
: recommendation to just use -D's from the jvm to ensure US locale, since we
: know others are problematic.

Hmmm ... yeah, that seems like it might be safer (aren't there still
some outstanding default Locale issues anyway? ... particularly in DIH?)

it would probably be good advice for any old (1.1-1.4) users as well ...
but like i said: i can easily be persuaded to include it if you have faith
in it (i mainly just don't want to do the merge myself becuase it looks
like a serious PITA)

-Hoss