lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9.3 ? ( blocking Solr 1.4.1 ? ? ? )
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:48:34 GMT

: I'd really like to get most of those back-ported, for 2.9.3.  I'm
: actively working on this today.  I was the one who went and marked
: them as 2.9.3 in the first place on Sat :).

Ok ... i mainly just wanted ot make sure we were all on the same page
about what issues were being targed for 2.9.3.

My main confusion is that if these issues are UNRESOLVED, then presumably
they either don't have fixes yet, *OR* people aren't yet comfortable
commiting hte patches we do have to trunk -- in the first case: there's
nothing to backport, in hte second case do we really want to backport to a
bug fix branch if we aren't even confident enough to commit to trunk?

...looking at the list in detail, i realize now that a few of them were
commited to trunk (and resolved) you just reopend (presumably to better
track the backport) ... but the majority don't have any patch at all.

it would be nice to fix every known bug immediately, but personally i'm
more concerned with having a release "soon" that includes the bug fixes we
already have then i am with having a release "at some point in the
undetermined future" with a fix for every known bug.

So the real question is: what kind of timeline do folks think we're
looking at for hte 2.9.3 issues that don't even have patches yet? ...

(2356 & 2311 don't seem like "bug fixes" at all -- unless i'm completley
missunderstanding hte issue descriptions -- so they *really* don't seem
suitable for 2.9.3)

-Hoss