lucene-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Doppleganger threads after ingestion completed
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:08:17 GMT

I ran 20,000,000 records into Solr via the extractingUpdateRequestHandler under jetty.  The
previous problems with resources have apparently been resolved by using Http1.1 with keep-alive,
rather than creating and destroying 20,000,000 sockets. ;-)  However, after the client terminates,
I still find the Solr process chewing away CPU - indeed, there were 5 threads doing this.

A thread dump yields the following partial trace for all 5 threads:

"btpool0-13" prio=10 tid=0x0000000041391000 nid=0xe7c runnable [0x00007f4a8c789000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser$Input.blockForContent(
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser$
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvailable(
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.close(
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.close(
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.MultipartRequestParser.parseParamsAndFillStreams(
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.StandardRequestParser.parseParamsAndFillStreams(
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrRequestParsers.parse(
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like either jetty or fileupload may have a problem here.
 I have not looked at the jetty source code, but infinitely spinning processes even after
the socket has been abandoned do not seem reasonable to me.  Thoughts?

View raw message