lucene-dev mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Solr spewage and dropped documents, while indexing
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:24:00 GMT
Ah, the old "misleading documentation" trick!
I'll have to give this a try and see if my problem goes away.
Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Mark Miller [mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:19 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr spewage and dropped documents, while indexing

Hang on though - I saw a commons jira issue from 08 that claimed the
javadoc for this class was misleading and there was no default cleaner
set - that issue was resolved, but the javadoc *still* seemed to
indicate there was a default cleaner in use ... so I wondered if the
code had changed, or the javadoc was still misleading ...

Looking at getFileCleaningTracker(), it also says:

An instance of FileCleaningTracker, defaults to FileCleaner.getInstance().

But then looking at the code, I don't see how that is possible. It
really appears to default to null (no cleaner).

So I ran a quick test, printing out the cleaning tracker, and it prints
'null'.

So, perhaps we try setting one and see where your problem is? It really
appears the javadoc I'm seeing does not match the code.

- Mark

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com