lucene-dev mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Solr spewage and dropped documents, while indexing
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:01:19 GMT
Ok, that theory bites the dust then...

I'll have to work on some diagnostics then to see why the content doesn't get added.

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Mark Miller [mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:39 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr spewage and dropped documents, while indexing

On 6/9/10 6:01 AM, karl.wright@nokia.com wrote:

> but if I correctly recall how DiskFileItemFactory works, it creates
> files and registers them to be cleaned up on JVM exit.  If that's the
> only cleanup, that's not going to cut it for a real-world system.

Class DiskFileItemFactory

"Temporary files are automatically deleted as soon as they are no longer
needed. (More precisely, when the corresponding instance of File is
garbage collected.) Cleaning up those files is done by an instance of
FileCleaningTracker, and an associated thread."

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com