lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Push for a Solr 1.4.1 Bug Fix Release?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 23:46:22 GMT
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>wrote:

> SOLR-1852: i never even noticed this issue to consider it because i was
> only looking at things marked "Resolved" in the 1.5, 3.1, or 4.0 branch (i
> was only looking for things we already had fixes for) and this issue is
> still marked open ...looking at it now, am i correct in understanding that
> it was fixed in 3.1/4.0 as a side effect of something else, and the patch
> you posted is only needed/useful in 1.4? ... if so then let's definitley
> get that in 1.4.1.

Yeah this was fixed for a while in trunk. I am only being a pain in the ass
about it because Peter (the reporter) has been patiently waiting for some
decision on what to do about it... I do think its sneaky, i mean stopword
before punctuation is probably pretty common :)

> LUCENE-2466: didn't show up in my lists because it's a LUCENE issue ...
> i'm a personally leary of merging this to include i na point release --

One alternative instead of merging those fixes would be to document a
recommendation to just use -D's from the jvm to ensure US locale, since we
know others are problematic.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com