lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to write my own query?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:52:20 GMT
thank you. But I don't think SpanFirst query is my need. Because I
want to get all documents that contains any term. But give the one
whose position is top a boost. The same is term's relative posistions.
e.g.
 doc1         apache lucene is a open source project
 doc2         apache is a http server and many many other words  ...
        lucene ...
if user searchs apache lucene, I want both the docs are presented to
user. But doc1 gets a higher score. I don't want to use a phrase query
because it's slow(compare to boolean query) and set slop to 10000
seems strange.
e.g.
  doc1        some other text   ...                     apache lucene
is a open source project
  doc2         apache lucene is a open source project some other text

SpanFirstQuery is not my need. if user search apache, I want to show
both docs but give higher score to doc2 because the matched terms'
position less than doc1. If I  use SpanFirstQuery SpanFirstQuery sfq =
new SpanFirstQuery(apache, 100); I will fail to find docs which
contains apache whose position is larger than 100.