lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject velocity response writer breaks portability
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:32:03 GMT
In solr 3x, the velocity response writer was added to the example config.
Unfortunately, this breaks the ability to move the "example" server
somewhere else and have it work.

Here are some options to fix this off the top of my head:
a) comment out velocity / move it out of the example
b) move the needed velocity jars inside the solr war or the example lib
c) make a missing response writer not a critical error
d) implement lazy response writers like we do lazy request handlers so
that there is only an error if use is attempted

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message