lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: removing pre-flex APIs from trunk
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:00:32 GMT
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Michael McCandless
> <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>> I'm working now on full cutover to flex APIs in trunk.
>>
>> I've got Lucene cutover and I'm now working on Solr (eg,
>> UnInvertedField, LukeRequestHandler, FileFloatSource, etc.)....
>>
>> Just to be sure: has anyone already started on this / has a patch /
>> etc.?  I don't want to dup work...
>
> I'm traveling though tomorrow - but I don't have anything related to
> flex cutover that I haven't already checked in.  We can continue to do
> that piece by piece though, and I can take a look at what's left after
> Friday.

OK I posted at patch on LUCENE-2378, cutting over everything to flex
APIs and removing the back-compat emulation layer ("pre-flex on
flex").  I needed to do this in order to get to LUCENE-2426 (change
term sort order to unicode code point order).

It'd be great if you could look over my changes in Solr :)  Especially
UnInvertedField (I cut its NumericTermEnum over to TermsEnum), and
maybe run a perf test of my changes there...

Mike