lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Zhang <macromars...@gmail.com>
Subject [BUG/ISSUE] Distributed Search doesn't response the result set when use existing lucene index
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 06:52:16 GMT
Hi. All.
    I am coming from solr user mailing list. I got a problem with
distributed search. Looks it is BUG/ISSUE in solr itself.

   I am trying to use solr to search over 2 lucene indexes.  I am following
the solr tutorial and test the distributed search example. It works.
   Then I am using my own lucene indexes. Search in each solr instance works
and return the expected result. But when I do distributed search using
"shards". It only return the "numFound"=14. But the result contain nothing.

    The doc in my existing lucene indexes, when search with distributed
search, none of them are returned. But the docs inserted from solr post.jar
are returned successfully.
    Don't know why. looks the lucene docs has some difference from solr's
lucene.
    And my situation is, I already have 72 indexes folders which occupy lots
of disk and repost them to solr will take very long time, so I have to stick
with my existing index. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.
Regards.