lucene-dev mailing list archives

From eks dev <eks...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Brics Automaton version
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:16:05 GMT
ok, that explains it, but I didn't expect it, considering small size of the
library.

i would even argue it makes sense to keep some (all?) of these methods,
especially if intended use of the Automaton code gets expanded to Analyzer
chains. This particular method has usage in our code for optimizing matching
based on minimum possible length that can get accepted.

i would really try to avoid having two, 99% identical tools in code, or to
specialize Automaton & co classes to do what they did in the first place.
Could get confusing.

Also, having full library (or at least imported classes) makes upgrades
easier. 1.11.3 will come one day...

whichever, I would just appreciate a final statement on this?

Thanks... and kudos for new Fuzzy, Regex Query... looks impressive