lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: custom indexing
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:37:49 GMT
1) Yes, in fact you needn't wait for flex for this --
IndexReader.getUniqueTermCount was added in 2.9.  But this will throw
UOE on composite readers (Multi/DirReader).

2) Yes, you can make a Codec that separately maintains your own files,
both on initial flush and on merge.  Make sure your Codec.files()
returns your new files, so IndexFileDeleter doesn't delete them!

Mike