lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Trouble updating Solr website
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:57:08 GMT
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Like I said, on Mahout we went w/ a simple landing page and everything else in
Confluence, as inspired by OFBiz.

>> Sounds good to me.... any objections?  Any tips on how to get us started?
>
> I suppose the first steps would be to get both Lucene and Solr Confluence setups, including
imports of the existing Wikis.  For Lucene, we probably also need to figure out what to do
with the existing official docs (file formats, etc.).  Not sure if we want to open them up
to all edits (and thereby no longer distribute them with a release) or if we want to keep
them locked down.  I believe it is relatively easy to do either one.

I don't think it's really necessary to distribute docs with releases
these days (aside from javadoc of course), as long as we can keep
around the documentation for past releases somewhere.  Right now, this
is done (for solr) by trying to keep every wiki page relevant to all
releases at once... and that's obviously not a good way to go for the
long term.

Aside: Is it possible to have per-page permissions so we could lock
some pages down, but allow more free editing of others?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com