lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <>
Subject RE: Benchmarking Solr indexing using Lucene Benchmark?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:42:09 GMT
Thanks Jason,

I'll take a look at how much work is involved and if getting it to work with the Solr config
looks reasonably doable (in the time I have available), I give it a try and report back.
Do you think it's worth opening a JIRA issue?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Rutherglen []
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: Benchmarking Solr indexing using Lucene Benchmark?

This was discussed a while back, however I don't believe
anything was committed. I think there's a fair bit of work
involved in that the Lucene benchmark config would not be
usable, or rather, it would need to simply point to a Solr
solrconfig.xml file. Other than that, the resulting statistical
reporting should be useful.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Burton-West, Tom <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Posted this to the Solr users list and after a week with no responses,
> thought I would try the dev list.
> We are about to test out various factors to try to speed up our indexing
> process.  One set of experiments will try various maxRamBufferSizeMB
>  settings.   Since the factors we will be varying are at the Lucene level,
> we are considering using the Lucene Benchmark utilities in Lucene/contrib.
> Have other Solr users used Lucene Benchmark?  Can anyone provide any hints
> for adapting it to Solr? (Are there any common gotchas etc?).
> Tom
> Tom Burton-West
> University of Michigan Libraries

To unsubscribe, e-mail: