lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject Benchmarking Solr indexing using Lucene Benchmark?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:57:53 GMT
Hi all,

Posted this to the Solr users list and after a week with no responses, thought I would try
the dev list.

We are about to test out various factors to try to speed up our indexing process.  One set
of experiments will try various maxRamBufferSizeMB  settings.   Since the factors we will
be varying are at the Lucene level, we are considering using the Lucene Benchmark utilities
in Lucene/contrib.    Have other Solr users used Lucene Benchmark?  Can anyone provide any
hints for adapting it to Solr? (Are there any common gotchas etc?).

Tom

Tom Burton-West
University of Michigan Libraries
http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search