lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: On update are index files only appended to?
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 05:17:23 GMT

That's a user@lucene question.

Update does delete followed by an add.
A delete just marks a document as deleted.  In other words, it modifies previously created
index files.
Additions add new files.  Once certain thresholds are reached, an add will trigger a segment
merge, which will modify previously created index files.

Sematext :: :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch
Lucene ecosystem search ::