lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trouble updating Solr website
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:24:38 GMT

On Jun 28, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 26, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

in Confluence, as inspired by OFBiz.

>>> Sounds good to me.... any objections?  Any tips on how to get us started?
>>
>> I suppose the first steps would be to get both Lucene and Solr Confluence setups,
including imports of the existing Wikis.  For Lucene, we probably also need to figure out
what to do with the existing official docs (file formats, etc.).  Not sure if we want to open
them up to all edits (and thereby no longer distribute them with a release) or if we want
to keep them locked down.  I believe it is relatively easy to do either one.

> I don't think it's really necessary to distribute docs with releases
> these days (aside from javadoc of course), as long as we can keep
> around the documentation for past releases somewhere.

Yep.  We should be able to take snapshots and then put them up separately.  I haven't tried
this, but I believe it's doable.

> Right now, this
> is done (for solr) by trying to keep every wiki page relevant to all
> releases at once... and that's obviously not a good way to go for the
> long term.

Right, we definitely need to be able to create versions.  What's in Solr now is getting harder
to manage.

> Aside: Is it possible to have per-page permissions so we could lock
> some pages down, but allow more free editing of others?

Yes.  Either by user or by group.  Can also restrict viewing and editing separately.

-Grant