lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr spewage and dropped documents, while indexing
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 14:38:50 GMT
On 6/9/10 6:01 AM, karl.wright@nokia.com wrote:

> but if I correctly recall how DiskFileItemFactory works, it creates
> files and registers them to be cleaned up on JVM exit.  If that's the
> only cleanup, that's not going to cut it for a real-world system.

Class DiskFileItemFactory

"Temporary files are automatically deleted as soon as they are no longer
needed. (More precisely, when the corresponding instance of File is
garbage collected.) Cleaning up those files is done by an instance of
FileCleaningTracker, and an associated thread."

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com