lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Lucene score funcion in Similarity class
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:46:03 GMT
Op maandag 31 mei 2010 23:53:45 schreef yx2@ualberta:
> Hi!
>
> I have a question about the function in org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity. Which paper
is the original one that proposed the coord(q, d) factor for vector space model IR?
> I came up a similar idea when using BM25, then I found it was already in the Lucene package.
I'm writing a paper now, and want to know which paper I should refer to.
> Thank you!
>
> Ying

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Sp%C3%A4rck_Jones

This paper of 1972 is linked there, it mentions co-ordination levels:
http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~ser/idfpapers/ksj_orig.pdf
and it appears to be a nice start to look for the first paper on this.

Regards,
Paul Elschot