lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Solr updateRequestHandler and performance vs. atomicity
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 08:08:05 GMT
While preparing material for http://blog.sematext.com/2010/06/02/lucene-digest-may-2010-3/
I came across something that looks relevant:

...where the author wrote this:

"In conclusion, this directory attempts to marry the rich search-based
query language of Lucene with the distributed fault-tolerant database
that is Cassandra. By delegating the responsibilities of replication,
durability and elasticity to the directory, we free the layers above
from such non-functional concerns. Our hope is that users will choose to make their large-scale
indices instantly scalable by seamlessly
migrating them to this type of directory (using
Directory#copyTo(Directory))."
 Otis
----