lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Trouble updating Solr website
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:18:53 GMT
+1, die, forrest, die!

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Robert Muir [mailto:rcmuir@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 11:16 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org; yonik@lucidimagination.com
Subject: Re: Trouble updating Solr website

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:

Yep, it definitely looks dead.
If we move to something else, I'd lean toward a confluence export.
I'm also leaning toward confluence for our future wiki (we're badly in
need of versioned docs).

this is interesting, what is the advantage of forrest? it seems from its description that
the whole point is being able to go to multiple output formats, but is it really helpful to
have the PDF files, especially for solr where so much documentation is in the wiki anyway?

i just got a new mac too, and it doesn't support java 5, so lets [lucene, too!] please move
away from forrest!!!

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com