lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: BytesRef comparable
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 14:49:53 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Michael McCandless
> <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>> But... we probably should do this after we switch to sorting terms by
>> unicode code point order?  (LUCENE-2426)
>
> So perhaps we should define this in terms of Lucene's default index
> order instead... so it could be UTF16 order for now, and switch to
> code-point / unsigned byte order when the index format does?

This seems a bit dangerous (first sorts by UTF16 order and then by
codepoint order, when we switch)... ie, I'd rather make BytesRef
compare by code point order, after we've cutover to that order by
default.

Though it is "trunk", so, we could do that I guess... (Erik: this is
what "unstable" means ;) ).

Mike