lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BytesRef comparable
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 13:02:36 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidimagination.com>wrote:

> I thought we were going to be changing lucene's index order to the
> natural byte order (same as the unicode code point order)?
>
> Solr's BoundedTreeSet doesn't take a comparator.  I could change it so
> that it could of course... but it just seemed natural to "fix"
> BytesRef.

In my opinion, BytesRef should be comparable, with the default being
'natural' (unsigned/codepoint order).
And you can still specify a crazy comparator in your codec, but not all
things would work (its an expert customization)

I mean, things like automaton won't work if you change the sort order to
something wacky anyway... so theres nothing strange about Solr's
BoundedTreeSet not using a custom codec comparator?

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com