lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Pablo <>
Subject Wich way would you recommend for successive-words similarity and scoring ?
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 18:52:53 GMT

Lucene core doesn't seems to use relative word positioning (?) for scoring.

For example, indexing that phrase "a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r
s t u v w x y z", these queries give the same results (0.19308087) :
 - 1 : phrase:'e f g'
 - 2 : phrase:'o k z'

I'm a bit familiar with lucene and snowballs, but I never (really)
needed this feature before, and didn't browse the lucene contribs.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but, what can I do to obtain
query 1 get a better score than the second ?

Should I implement a Scorer and or a Similarity, or can an analyser
and a specific stemmer be sufficient?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message