lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the future of Version?
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 18:06:59 GMT
Yeah it makes sense to keep it for convenience if we're removing it
from analyzers. So the proposal is:
* Keep Version around for convenience
* Remove its usage from non-analyzers code that wasn't released yet
(like IndexWriterConfig)
* Remove all pre-4.0 values from the trunk's version of Version
* Cancel 2305 and introduce it "on demand"

Shai

On Tuesday, May 4, 2010, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> I would like to keep Version, as this is not related to backwards compatibility in the
sense. I cannot take care on the discussion (vacation), I just want to tell my opinion, which
is also used for any future voting I cannot attend.