lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr version housekeeping in Jira/Wiki (1.5, 1.6, 3.x, 4.x, etc...)
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 04:48:09 GMT

: 9) Audit every link to the Solr1.5 page, and add links to the new Solr3.1 and
: Solr4.0 pages as needed...
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr1.5?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=linkto%3A%22Solr1.5%22

To be clear, my goal here isn't to add a link to the 3.1 and 4.0 pages
for every existing 1.5 link -- my goal is to make sure that if there's a
link to "Solr1.5", the feature in question really is on the 1.5 branch.
if it's not, if it's only on the 3x and trunk, then link it to "Solr3.1"
... if it's only on trunk, link it to "Solr4.0" (ie: the earliest version
where the feature exists)

if/when we decide the 1.5 branch is officially dead, we can do a big bulk
edit of s/Solr1.5/Solr3.1/g ... likewise if 3.1 never actually happens and
we just release from trunk s/Solr3.1/Solr4.0/g

Having said that -- I'M DONE!

There were ~18 wiki pages with links to "Solr1.5" -- I've audieted
all of them and updated all links to Solr1.5 where the functionality
wasnt' actually o nthe 1.5 branch (most were trivial to verify/fix
based on the CHANGES.txt diffs i had) .. in the cases where the wiki page
was describing something that currently only exists in patch form, and
isn't on any branch yet, i linked to Solr4.0.

Let's try to avoid ever needing to do anything like this again.

-Hoss