lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: solr and analyzers module
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 23:36:17 GMT

: > FWIW: the other thing you may not be aware of is that schema.xml has
: > always had a "version" attribute on the top level <schema/> declaration
: You are right, I was unaware of this. But i'm confused that its currently 1.3.

it's always been completley independent of the Solr version.  it's the
"Schema version"

: To deal with improved defaults in this new modularized world, I feel
: that we just shouldnt have so many concrete Analyzers in java that
: really should be "examples"
: examples of how to do analysis for Solr users. I'd like to be able to
: just have these, and rid of the concrete Java implementations
: entirely.

+1 ... on the other hand, the best way to ensure that "examples" work is
to compile & test them, so ... damned if we do, damned if we don't.

-Hoss