lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Adding another dimension to Lucene searches
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 01:13:06 GMT

: I have been working on a hierarchical search capability for a while now
: and wanted to see if there was general interest in adopting some of the
: thinking into Lucene.

This looks cool ... up to slide #5 i thought you were just
proposing something akin to using FieldMaskingSpanQuery, but
NestedDocumentQuery is an awesome idea ... slide 9 makes it seem so easy
(I assume you build up the BitSet by scanning the TermDocs for some
configurable marker term denoting a "parent" doc?)

I haven't thought it through very well, but i suspect something like this
would elimante a lot of the hairy usecases for "field collapsing" allowing
a more streamlined solution for that problem as well.

-Hoss