lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding CLucene as a Lucene subproject
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 22:31:21 GMT
Thanks Itamar-

Apologies since the last email is not very clear...   Not speaking as
the PMC, my feeling is that for this an incubation process will be
needed.  With Apache, the projects are more about the community then
the code -- since there exists a CLucene community with its own
culture etc, i think the incubation process makes sense (that is the
whole point of the incubator - in my opinion)  For incubation, CLucene
would need a champion

again, just throwing it out there, and *not* speaking as the PMC.

ryan