lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shardul Bhatt <shardul.bh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribution for Research
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 15:30:13 GMT
Hi All,

I am Shardul Bhatt, a Software Developer from India.

I have used Lucene on a project and am keen to contribute to Lucene.

I know it takes much more than just the desire to be able to contribute to
Open Source. At this point in time I am trying to figure out how to go about
it. Apparently the most widely accepted method is to use it and debug it,
using Eclipse, to understand how it all gels together. This method is
certainly good but the initial effort is huge and needs a lot of motivation
to hang on.

I believe what Alberto is suggesting would help many like me who have been
dreaming(honestly) and struggling to become capable of contributing to Open
Source. It would maybe reduce the initial effort by about say 20% but that's
good enough.

Alberto: If there is anything I can do to be of help to you, please feel
free to drop me an email.

Regards,
Shardul.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Alberto Bacchelli <alberto.bacchelli@usi.ch