lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Mauriello" <mm578...@albany.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 & Solr With BASIC Authentication
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 21:11:25 GMT
Even after updating the web.xml file in the solr.war file and restarting
tomcat as in the example, I am never prompted to input my username and
password and I am able to access solr just fine. I checked to make sure
the code was copied over correctly after the reset and it was. So I have
followed the example exactly and nothing...

Basic Authentication seems to be commonly used but none of the examples
seem to work in Tomcat 6... are their any alternative methods?

~Matt