lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Itamar Syn-Hershko" <ita...@code972.com>
Subject RE: Adding CLucene as a Lucene subproject
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 22:53:07 GMT
Ryan, thanks. I understand, and obviously if the PMC will think the same
this is what we'll be doing.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from the PMC yet, and I'm not sure where this
is going exactly. If the proposal is what keeping this from being discussed,
do let me know. Otherwise, I'm hoping someone with good knowledge of this
process could respond and help us move this forward. I can be contacted
privately if needed.

Itamar.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan McKinley [mailto:ryantxu@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:31 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding CLucene as a Lucene subproject

Thanks Itamar-

Apologies since the last email is not very clear...   Not speaking as
the PMC, my feeling is that for this an incubation process will be
needed.  With Apache, the projects are more about the community then
the code -- since there exists a CLucene community with its own
culture etc, i think the incubation process makes sense (that is the
whole point of the incubator - in my opinion)  For incubation, CLucene
would need a champion

again, just throwing it out there, and *not* speaking as the PMC.

ryan