lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hoss Man (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (SOLR-1843) JMX name collision when running multiple SOLR instances/webapps in the same ServletContainer
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 01:58:49 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1843?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Hoss Man resolved SOLR-1843.
----------------------------

         Assignee: Hoss Man
    Fix Version/s: 1.5
       Resolution: Fixed

Committed revision 942292.

Constantijn: thanks for this suggestion.  The one significant change i made from your original
files (BTW: a patch would have been much easier to review) is that i made the "rootName" option
completely replace the previous default: "solr/" + coreName (as opposed to your version where
only the "solr" literal was was replaced by the rootName)

Since this lives in solrconfig.xml it's a core specific setting, and core properties can be
used to include the coreName in the rootName if that's what people desire

> JMX name collision when running multiple SOLR instances/webapps in the same ServletContainer
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-1843
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1843
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Build
>    Affects Versions: 1.4
>         Environment: Resin 3.1.6, possibly other application containers
>            Reporter: Constantijn Visinescu
>            Assignee: Hoss Man
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.5
>
>         Attachments: JmxMonitoredMap.java, SolrConfig.java
>
>   Original Estimate: 0h
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg33921.html
> When i run multiple independent SOLR webapps both with JMX enabled there seems to be
some sort of collision when registering Mbeans causing my application server to throw exceptions
for each mbean it tries to register for all applications after the first.
> This seems to be due to collision issue of sorts with both applications trying to register
their mbeans under the name "solr"
> This patch fixes the issue by allowing the user to specify the name under which MBeans
are registered in solrconfig.xml like so:
>   <jmx rootName="mySolr" /> 
> i went with rootName since in the code the variable is called jmxRootName.
> Constantijn Visinescu

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message