lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Muir (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Updated: (LUCENE-2466) fix some more locale problems in lucene/solr
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 15:48:43 GMT


Robert Muir updated LUCENE-2466:

    Attachment: LUCENE-2466.patch

attached is a patch that fixes the tests for solr, too.

* I added StrUtils.ROOT_LOCALE, but we could probably use Locale.ENGLISH just fine too, this
is just me being nitpicky.
* commons-codec fixed this in their 1.4 release, so i upgraded to 1.4 (not in patch, obviously)
so that DoubleMetaphoneFilter etc pass also.
* besides lowercasing, Solr uses uppercasing in a lot of places... in my opinion we should
review why it is doing this.
* I didnt change SolrQueryParser, similar problems exist in Lucene's QueryParser (strange
casing) and thats for another day.

Someone should review the Solr stuff, as I don't think i necessarily present the best solution
but just indicate where the problems are.

> fix some more locale problems in lucene/solr
> --------------------------------------------
>                 Key: LUCENE-2466
>                 URL:
>             Project: Lucene - Java
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Robert Muir
>         Attachments: LUCENE-2466.patch, LUCENE-2466_coretests.patch
> set ANT_ARGS="-Dargs=-Duser.language=tr"
> ant clean test
> We should make sure this works across all of lucene/solr

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message