lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Zotter <>
Subject DocBuilder inefficiency?
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 03:49:08 GMT

I am looking into collectDelta method in and I noticed that
to determine the deltaRemoveSet it currently loops through the whole
deltaSet for each deleted row. (Version 1.4.0 line 641)

Does anyone else agree with the fact that this is quite inefficient?

For delta-imports with a large deltaSet and deletedSet I found a
considerable improvement in speed if we just save all deleted keys in a set.
Then we just have to loop through the deltaSet once to determine which rows
should be removed by checking if the deleted key set contains the delta row

Is this patch worthy?

- Robert Zotter
Sent from the Solr - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message