lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: BytesRef comparable
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 17:30:52 GMT
4.0 will be not backwards compatible, so if you not convert the fields with numerics, they
can no longer be queried with NRQ, so people have to reindex or we provide a tool to convert.

If we change stopwords there is no way around reindexing, but what we can change we should.
Indexes should at least be readable with newer versions, so also the numeric values in older

But as Mike said, we should give the index conversion utility some options to turn on specific
conversions.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen