lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Fix to contrib/misc/HighFreqTerms.java
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:56:26 GMT
Thanks Tom!

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
> Ok opened LUCENE-2403.
>
> I could make the change to make the two lines consistent but to use a BytesRef directly
wouldn't Term.java need to use BytesRef instead of String, or is there a new flex "Term" class
that uses a BytesRef to use?

There is no Term class that takes a BytesRef... other things need
this, too (eg TermQuery needs to accept a BytesRef).  But we are
considering deprecating Term entirely (it's not used in that many
further places).

> Otherwise, TermInfo could change to use the name of the field and a BytesRef instead
of a term.

+1 -- I think we should take this approach?

Mike