lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: Incremental Field Updates
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 09:28:04 GMT
On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Babak Farhang <> wrote:
>> I think they get merged in by the merger, ideally in the background.
> That sounds sensible. (In other words, we wont concern ourselves with
> roll backs--something possible while a "layer" is still around.)

Actually roll backs would still be very possible even if layers are merged.

Ie, one could keep multiple commits around, and the older commits
would still be referring to the old postings + layers, keeping them

Lucene would still be transactional with such an approach.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message