lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Directory.deleteFile confusingly throws IOException
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:01:38 GMT
I agree clarity is important so we should tighten up this spec.

But, don't we potentially lose information if we just return true or
false?  (Ie why the deletion failed).  Failing because of FNFE vs a
"permission denied" or filesystem corruption are very different.  But,
then, our hands are tied anyway since File.delete returns boolean...
so maybe we should simply return a boolean...?

Mike