lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Earwin Burrfoot <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal about Version API "relaxation"
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:48:32 GMT
I think this should split off the mega-thread :)

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 23:28, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi Earwin,
>
> I am strongly +1 on this. I would also make the Release Manager for 3.1, if nobody else
wants to do this. I would like to take the preflex tag or some revisions before (maybe without
the IndexWriterConfig, which is a really new API) to be 3.1 branch. And after that port some
of my post-flex-changes like the StandardTokenizer refactoring back (so we can produce the
old analyzer still without Java 1.4).

> So +1 on branching pre-flex and release as 3.1 soon. The Unicode improvements rectify
a new release. I think also s1monw wants to have this.

> Uwe

ICQ: 104465785