lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LuceneJUnitResultFormatter sometimes fails to lock
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:56:41 GMT
Yes it is Windows. Didn't mention it - thought the C:\ part says it all :).

I wonder then why it only sometimes happens. And I've never run into
such problems w/ NativeFSLock on Windows, only w/ the tests. But I
agree it does deserve a closer look …

Shai

On Tuesday, April 27, 2010, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah - didn't look closely. This is while making the lock, not trying to acquire it for
stdout locking. So that seems like a bug in our native lock impl we should try and fix.

> On 4/27/10 12:27 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
>
> When aquiring a test lock it does not wait. It just is not able to produce the file there.
This happens sometimes on windows and has nothing to do with the tests, is a problem of NativeLockF.