lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Sturge <peter.stu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Solr and LCF security at query time
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:40:36 GMT
Hi Karl,

Integrating LCF to get external token support for SOLR-1872 sounds very
interesting indeed. I don't know anything about LCF, but one of the things I
was planning for SOLR-1872 is to make acl.xml (or rather its behaviour)
'pluggable' - i.e. it would just be one of a series of plugins that could be
used for obtaining back-end authentication information.

If you're good with LCF, perhaps we could work together to build this in.
One of the first things would be defining an interface that would be as easy
as possible to plug LCF into. Have you any suggestions/insight on this
front?

Many thanks,
Peter