lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Solr JUnit test methods steping on eachother?
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 02:25:52 GMT
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> : That's extra time, and some test methods may rely on a persistent
> : index across multiple test methods.  The move to Junit4 was not back
> : compatible - test methods are not independent.
>
> Hmmm... except they were totally independent before.

Conversion to the new style is not automatic - older style tests
(those that extend TestCase) run as they always did.

> I'm actually amazed that our tests pass at all

There was a lot of work put into making them pass for those that were
upgraded to the new style.

-Yonik
Apache Lucene Eurocon 2010
18-21 May 2010 | Prague