lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: official GIT repository / switch to GIT?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:02:17 GMT
"What I remember from my last SVN job and see from still not illuminated
collegues: With SVN you tend to have uncommitted code lying around on your
machine for days or even weeks until it's ready to get committed to the
central repository. - I don't need to tell you the problems with this."

Yes. Also, I tend to build up extra files for this and that projects.
Switching branches in place using git forces me to take care of these.
Git is, in general, good stuff. The Eclipse eGIT project is in beta
but I'm finding it easy to use.

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com