lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Solr JUnit test methods steping on eachother?
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:04:08 GMT
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> I'm still left wondering why (if we're going to reuse teh SolrCore over
> and over) we don't have a common method in the test base class thta clears
> out the index after each test.

That's extra time, and some test methods may rely on a persistent
index across multiple test methods.  The move to Junit4 was not back
compatible - test methods are not independent.

We could certainly have a little utility method that could be called,
but I'm not sure it should be called by default.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com