lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <>
Subject Re: LuceneJUnitResultFormatter sometimes fails to lock
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:19:34 GMT

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Andi Vajda wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Shai Erera wrote:
>> But that's not a good explanation I think. Realtime protection is always
>> on,
>> and I agree w/ Mark - if NativeFSLock fails because of that, we should fix
>> that b/c Lucene is run on users' machines, where AV software is running
>> too.
>> Moreover, this happens very rarely for me ... I even ran the tests while
>> scanning the Temp folder at the same time, and it didn't happen.
> I've had similar random failures on Mac OS X 10.6. They started happening
> recently, about two weeks ago.

Here is a stacktrace:

ERROR: testWriteLock (lia.indexing.LockTest.LockTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 45, in testWriteLock
JavaError: failed to
     Java stacktrace: failed to delete
 	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.close(
 	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.close(

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message