lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: A good idea.
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:27:46 GMT
: some ideas to define my thesis work in information retrieval area. I work
: with solr  since  2 years and I am interested  in performance topics and
: distributed search, In this moments, I find without ideas.

If i understand you correctly, you're looking for some areas of Solr that
you could study and help comtribute to related to performance and
distributed search?

My suggestions:

1) You should take a look at the SolrCloud work currently in
progress:  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud and the work mark miller
has been doing to merge that into the trunk:

2) There are some other "limitations" that currently exist in the
distributed search functionality which are documented on the wiki...
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch#Distributed_Searching_Limitations
...in many cases these are just features that haven't been implemented
yet, which you might be interested in taking a stab at.

-Hoss