lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr query question
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:26:07 GMT

: Rather than rewriting the original query, add a filter query (fq param on the
: HTTP interface).  I think in the API you'll be using rb.getFilters() and
: adding a filter to List returned.

that's what would probably make the most sense -- especially from a
filter caching standpoint.

: Running your component last won't work (will it?), as it needs to be run
: before the "query" component to take effect.

I beleive it works because he's doing his work in the "prepare" method of
his component -- so it's happening after the QueryComponent'ss prepare
method (when parsing happens), but before the QueryComponent's process
method (when the query is executed).

-Hoss