lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr JUnit test methods steping on eachother?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:59:13 GMT

: Yes, on purpose.
: I've actually restructured how this tests works a lot more in
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1875 - let me commit that
: before proceeding with what you are trying to add.
:
: I actually index all of the documents only once, but in a random order
: and with random commits.  This exercises many more edge cases such as
: segments w/o the particular field you are faceting on, and fields
: after (in term-enum sense) the field you are faceting on.

ok .. except that none of hte code/tests i'm adding has anything to do
with field/prefix faceting -- i'm looking ta date faceting, and the docs
i'm adding in my new date faceting tests don't have any fields in common
with the prefix test that started breaking.

I'm still left wondering why (if we're going to reuse teh SolrCore over
and over) we don't have a common method in the test base class thta clears
out the index after each test.

-Hoss