lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr core gives data dir precedence to SolrConfig over CoreDescriptor
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:08:20 GMT
: Subject: Solr core gives data dir precedence to SolrConfig over CoreDescriptor
:
: I've run into issues with this in tests with the Cloud patch.
:
: Anyone know if this is planned behavior - its fairly annoying. Doesn't it seem
: that if you set the data dir on the Core descriptor, that should take
: precedence over Solrconfig?

Off the top of my head, i don't know why it would be written this way --
the one possibility that springs to mind is that since property
substitution is handled by SolrConfig, things may have been done this way
to ensure that run time specified properties allways trumped everything
else.

but that's just a guess.

-Hoss